Welcome. Let’s Dive In!
- Where could this program lead you?
First, Some Housekeeping
- You must be on Zoom on time. I will not repeat instructions you may have missed if you come in late.
- Add a clear headshot as your avatar on Zoom.
- Turn on video. It’s better for classroom morale all ‘round.
- No phone use during class, unless on a break.
- Want to provide anonymous feedback? Use this anonymous feedback form. The link is in the footer on every page of this site.
About Computer Graphics
- Why a Mac?
- The minimum requirement for your computer is a 16” Retina MacBook Pro.
- You’re encouraged to purchase AppleCare with your new laptop.
- Why Creative Cloud?
- InDesign for page layout.
- Photoshop for editing photos.
- Illustrator for drawing vector graphics.
- Acrobat for cross-platform compatibility.
- Six semesters of Computer Graphics.
- There’s a gradual progression for six semesters, like one long course.
- This site contains all of the Computer Graphics curriculum.
Get Set Up
- Set up macOS.
- Back up your files.
- Connect to college online services.
- Set up printing from your Mac to the hallway printers and to the Print Shop.
- Use a mouse every class.
- Bring a pair of earphones/headphones to listen to video tutorials.
- Before next class:
- Install Creative Cloud applications listed above. If you already have them, apply any available updates.
- Do not install any virus software, Mac Keeper or other useless utilities.
- You can optionally install the free version of MS Office provided by the College.
- If you have a new or recent Mac, you get iWork apps for free on the Mac App Store.
Your computer is now your work tool, so stay away from pirated software.