Our Present & Future
- A bit of history.
- Where could this program lead you?
Let’s Dive In!
- The door will be locked once class starts. If you’re late, wait for a break before coming in.
- No phone use in class, unless on a break.
- Want to provide anonymous feedback? Use the feedback form in the footer.
During our first class, we’re going to take an individual photo of each of you for our faculty records.
Academic Advising Questionnaire
I’m going to give you a link to complete a questionnaire to support our academic advising efforts. We’ll take time in class to fill out the form.
About Computer Graphics
- Why a Mac?
- The minimum requirement for your computer is a 15” Retina MacBook Pro.
- You’re encouraged to purchase AppleCare with your new laptop.
- Why Creative Cloud?
- InDesign for page layout.
- Photoshop for editing photos.
- Illustrator for drawing vector graphics.
- Acrobat for cross-platform compatibility.
- Six semesters of Computer Graphics.
- There’s a gradual progression for six semesters, like one long course.
- This site contains all of the Computer Graphics curriculum.
Get Set Up
- Set up macOS.
- Back up your files.
- Connect to college online services.
- Use a mouse every class.
- Optional: If needed, purchase this adaptor to connect to displays.
- Bring a pair of earphones/headphones to listen to video tutorials.
- Before next class:
- Install Creative Cloud applications listed above. If you already have them, apply any available updates.
- Do not install any virus software, Mac Keeper or other useless utilities.
- You can optionally install the free version of MS Office provided by the College.
- If you have a new or recent Mac, you get iWork apps for free on the Mac App Store.