Toronto, October 23-25, 2019
This trip is open second & third year Graphic Design students on a voluntary basis. No partners or friends are allowed from outside the program. If you choose to attend, you may miss some classes. It will be up to you to ensure that you don’t fall behind.
The trip will cost approximately $400. Here’s the breakdown:
- $85 for the bus there and back.
- $95 for two nights in the hotel.
- $190.00 to attend the conference & the studio tours.
The only other items you’ll be responsible for is your food and drink in Toronto.
- Dates: October 23 to October 25, 2019
- Location: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts [Google Maps location]
- Tentative Hotel: Holiday Inn Downtown [Google Map]
The coach bus will leave from the front of the College (C building) on October 23rd at 7:00am. Departure from Toronto to return to Ottawa on October 25th at about 5pm for return to the front door of the college before midnight.
We’ll likely be staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown [Google Map]. There will be four people per room. One person per room needs to be assigned to pay for it. The three others can reimburse the person who’s paid.
It’s customary to give the driver a tip upon arrival back at the College. $2/passenger is standard. We’ll need someone to collect the funds.
Once we arrive at the hotel, you’ll be free to grab a bite then make your way to the RGD’s offices to pick up your passport for the studio tours. Studio Crawl starts at 2:30pm on the 23rd.
The main part of the conference is Wednesday and Thursday. We’ll walk from the hotel to the conference centre.
- Register with your Algonquin e-mail address.
- Use the discount code I sent you.
- Choose the Student RGD - 2 Days option.
- Choose an option from each of the DesignThinkers Toronto 2019 Studio Crawl.
What happens to my classes?
You shouldn’t be penalized for attending a professional event like DesignThinkers. That said, you should take measures to complete work before attending. Do what you can to make the trip have the least impact on your studies. All faculty will do their best to make this fair for everyone, whether they attend the conference or not.
More information about the trip will be posted here, so stay tuned. Question? E-Mail Al.
Interested in Attending?
- <a href=”https://www.rgd.ca” alt:=”The RGD” target=”_blank”>The RGD’s Web Site</a>
- <a href=”https://designthinkers.com/toronto” alt:=”DesignThinkers Toronto” target=”_blank”>DesignThinkers Toronto</a>