Our Present & Future
- A bit of history.
- Where could this program lead you?
Let’s Dive In!
- The door will be locked once class starts. If you’re late, wait for a break before coming in.
- No phone use in class, unless on a break.
- Want to provide anonymous feedback? Use the feedback form in the footer.
- During our first class, we’re going to take an individual photo of each of you for our faculty records.
About Computer Graphics
- Why a Mac?
- The minimum requirement for their computer is a 15” Retina MacBook Pro.
- You’re encouraged to purchase AppleCare with your new laptop.
- Why Creative Cloud?
- InDesign for page layout.
- Photoshop for editing photos.
- Illustrator for drawing vector graphics.
- Acrobat for cross-platform compatibility.
- Six semesters of Computer Graphics.
- There’s a gradual progression for six semesters, like one long course.
- This site contains all of the Computer Graphics curriculum.
- CG YouTube Channel.
- Grades will be on Canvas.
- Canvas quick tour.
- Formative assignments: learn & practice software skills.
- Summative assignments: evaluate your mastery of software skills.
Get Set Up
- Set up macOS.
- Back up your files.
- Connect to college online services.
- Use a mouse every class.
- Purchase this adaptor to connect to displays.
- Bring a pair of earphones/headphones to listen to tutorials.
- Before next class:
- Install Creative Cloud applications listed above. If you already have them, apply any available updates.
- Do not install any virus software, Mac Keeper or other useless utilities.
- You can optionally install the free version of MS Office provided by the College.
- If you have a new or recent Mac, you get iWork apps for free on the Mac App Store.
Your computer is now your work tool, so stay away from pirating software.